Some recommendations for lowering your auto insurance rates could reduce the quality of coverage you enjoy and are, therefore, NOT wise. However, you can pay much less for superior coverage if you have the right tips and take necessary precautions. These are tips that are good for you…
1. There is something known as “good driver discount.” This for drivers who have not make claims for three years and more. But don’t be surprised if your agent tells you your auto insurance provider does not offer this discount.
If your insurer is one of the few who don’t offer this discount tell them point-blank that you’ll switch to another insurer. Believe it or not, every insurer likes having people who stay claims free for this long as policy holders and you shouldn’t have any difficulty getting better rates with a host of other insurers.
And, believe it or not, your insurer is likely to shift grounds if they see you’re really serious about leaving.
2. A multi-vehicle discount is a proven and easy way to enjoy lower rates. Howbeit, there are several cases where you’ll save more by buying from different insurers. Doing some shopping and then checking with what you’ll save with a multi-vehicle discount is a good way to be sure if this serves your best interest. But anyway, a multi-vehicle discount is one way to pay less.
3. A multi-policy discount is a good way to reduce your total insurance spend. That is, for example, if you buy your auto policy from the same insurer who caters for your home insurance.
However, bear in mind that you may be better off if you buy your different policies from different insurers who offer the best rates for each policy. It’s worthwhile that you doing comparison shopping. You’ll be sure of the best choice in your case if you do this.
4. Although most people will question the wisdom behind this, your credit rating is used to decide whether you’re a good a bad risk. Most insurers now take your credit rating into consideration when deciding what you should pay. Insurers who use it as one of the factors that determine what a person pays say that there is a relationship between the two. They maintain that experience and statistics show that a poor credit rating means irresponsibility which also plays out behind wheels.
5. Drive carefully if you’re really keen on attracting lower car insurance rates. Please, make sure you make it a policy to NOT drive if you so much as sip any alcoholic beverage.
If you’re convicted for driving under the influence (DUI) you’ve said good-bye to affordable rates for a very long time. While alcohol-related traffic offences have very immediate and serious consequences, speeding tickets will also affect your rates negatively if they accumulate. For your safety then and cheaper rates, never break any traffic law notwithstanding how small you think it is.
6. We all are aware of the fact that no age range pays as much for auto insurance as drivers who are less than 25. However, one step you can take to get cheaper rates if you are part of this age group is keep getting good grades.
To enjoy this, however, you must maintain at least a “B” grade. This will shave off as much as 5 percent from your rate once you qualify. Reckless students are very unlikely to keep getting excellent grades.
7. Visit not less than five quotes sites. Using not less than five quotes sites raise the chances that you’d receive more affordable auto insurance quotes. This is because offers not covered by one site would be covered by another.
Moreover, you should understand that because the likelihood of getting lower auto insurance quotes is related to the number of quotes you receive, the more insurance companies you get quotes from, the brighter your chances will be.
Obtaining your auto insurance quotes online will help you save far more if you sacrifice only 25 minutes to ask for quotes from a minimum of 5 insurance quotes sites.